DE | Privacy | Imprint
History of the HERA Company

History of the HERA Company

Ever since 1970, HERA Herm. Rahmer GmbH & Co. KG has had the advantage of the full range of expertise in the manufacture and sales of safety-focused bent wire and pipe parts, cold-formed parts, stamped parts and bent-stamped parts as well as assemblies extending from a simple pin to complex 3D geometries.

The finished and distributed complete wire, pipe and belt solutions are intended for use in the automotive and electrical industry as well as in the construction sector. Our metals include steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass.

The HERA Herm. Rahmer GmbH & Co. KG headquarters at Böminghauserwerk 1 in D-57399 Kirchhundem has been updated on a regular basis. Our most recent major construction phase in 2013 involved the building of a modern, computer-controlled and inventory-managed high-bay warehouse in the outgoing goods area.

2021

Certification achieved under IATF 16949:2016.

2020

Expansion in the quality management area => investment in a Hexagon 664 DUAL Z 3D multiple-sensor measurement machine.

Production machinery is relocated to improve transport within the operation.

2018

Expansion in the tool-making area => investment in new surface-grinding and milling machinery as well as the modernization of the construction office.

2016

Expansion in the quality management area => investment in a Keyence IM-6225 measurement projector.

2015

Expansion in the various manufacturing areas => investment in several material handling robots

New ERP system is incorporated.

2014

Invention/patenting, manufacture and sale of a wood cover tightener.

2013

Expansion in the logistics area => investment in a computer-controlled and inventory-managed high-bay warehouse with 1000 storage areas.

Expansion in the plastic overmolding area => investment in an additional plastic overmolding machine.

2011

Expansion in the stamp manufacturing area => investment in another new 100 ton automatic punching press.

2004 - 2010

Expansion in the bender manufacturing area => investment in six additional CNC bending machines as well as in two multiple-carriage machines.

New plastic overmolding manufacturing area => investment in a plastic overmolding machine.

2003

After over 50 years in the management of the company, Karl-Friederich Schneider goes into well-earned retirement. Bernd Schneider takes over his responsibilities.

Expansion in the bender manufacturing area => investment in the first CNC single-head bending machine.

1993

Generational change: Karl-Hermann Rahmer sells his company shares to the Schneider Family.

1990

Company centennial!

1988

Expansion in the stamping area => new investment in a 160 ton automatic punching press.

1985

Expansion in the stamp manufacturing area => investment in a new 100 ton automatic punching press.

1984

Transformation into Herm. Rahmer GmbH & Co. KG.

1982

Expansion in the surface manufacturing area => investment in drum galvanizing.

1980

Building addition for product expansion and new shipping.

1970

Manufacture and sales of stamped parts and bent-stamped parts as well as assemblies.

1965

Karl-Friederich Schneider and Karl-Hermann Rahmer become individually liable partners.

1955

Manufacture and sales of bent wire and pipe parts.

1952

Manufacture and sale of cold-formed parts (fastening elements, special screws and nails).

1942

Founding of Herm. Rahmer KG.

1940

Forced conversion of production to manufacture armaments.

1932

Invention/patenting, manufacture and sale of a clamping device for wooden crate straps.

1926

Invention/patenting, manufacture and sale of a one-hand bag closure.

1922

Invention/patenting, manufacture and sale of a mechanical breast pump.

1915

Forced conversion of production to manufacture armaments.

1895

Invention/patenting, manufacture and sale of a horse protector.

1890

Our company is founded!